Friday, February 26, 2010

In Soviet Russia, test is be doing you!

I had my first Physics test today. What a disaster. My hack of a professor has no idea how to prepare proper exams.

His quizzes are too long and the same thing goes for his tests. They aren't difficult, per se, but they are way too long! He gives us too many problems...

We had 50 minutes to do 20 problems. That's less than 3 minutes for each problem! Personally, it takes me a good minute to make a free-body diagram and figure out all the forces and whatnot. Then to calculate everything it can take another minute or so. Assuming you don't mess up at all you have barely enough time to finish.

If you mess up once then you're screwed over. In my case, I got screwed over. I actually stopped to think about one of the problems and it made me run out of time. I had to guess for at least 5 out of the 20 questions because I ran out of time!

Maybe in Soviet Russia time works differently... I can understand that things might seem slower if you're wasted on vodka or whatever. This professor needs to get a freaking grip on reality. We're freshmen. We're not 70 years old and we haven't been doing Physics for 40+ years. Hell, we haven't even been alive for 40+ years. It's not as simple for us to do these problems and he needs to learn this.


Holy shit. A wall of overwhelming fragrance slapped me in the face when I walked into my dorm just now. My roommate obviously thinks it's a great idea to pour a gallon of cologne on himself in the middle of the day. As if he's going out... right.

This kid is driving me insane. He better be glad I'm a fairly nice/reserved person or I would have snapped by now.

I can't wait for Spring Break... I really need to unwind or I'm going to go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment